Picture of Luke as a baby w/ Coy:
Monday, August 3, 2009
What's in a name?
So the second question we always get after "Are you having a boy or girl?" is, "What's the name!?"........so What's in a name? Why did we name Dylan, Dylan Coy Halliday? Well honestly, just because we like the name! And secretly because we love Bob Dylan (though Luke says that's not why we picked "Dylan" I think maybe a tiny bit we did) and then there is "Coy" which I absolutely love because it's so unique. Coy is Luke's grandfathers name (his mom's dad). Though I never had the pleasure of meeting him, I have heard so many great things about him. We decided to make the middle name a tradition in our family, since Luke and I both have middle names from family members. My middle name "Frances" was my grandmothers name (my dad's mom) and though I was made fun of growing up for having a "granny" middle name, I am so honored to have it and it reminds me of her and what a wonderful woman she is everyday. Luke's middle name is Henry, after his dad's great uncle. So now you know, why we decided to name this little man, Dylan Coy Halliday, and hopefully he will love his name as much as we do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment